The Assistant Youth Sports Class Instructor assists the Head Instructor in leading classes of participants in various youth sports for ages 5-9 in District 97 Schools and Park District Parks.
- Instruct youth sports classes that include: basketball, football, soccer, floor hockey, and t-ball
- Follow progressive daily lesson plans for each class that allow participants to build on their skills and abilities.
- Introduce and reinforce to students different sports terminology and rules
- Greet participants as they arrive and take daily attendance.
- Arrive on site 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Understand and follow all Park District and program rules.
- Communicate and enforce Park District rules and policies to parents, participants and the public.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a positive public image by addressing questions and concerns from staff, patrons, participants, and parents immediately. Contact and ask for assistance from supervisor or other Park District staff when necessary.
- Become familiar with participants and parents; know their names, personalities, skills and interests.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Minimum 1 year of youth sports coaching or teaching.
- Ability to verbally communicate and physically demonstrate instructions and skills to students.
- Ability to work with groups of participants (up to 10 at a time) without direct supervision.
- Must have the ability to solve problems as they arise and be able to perform tasks without supervision.
- Must have the ability to be firm with participants when necessary, enforce park district rules, and make sound decisions in order to secure the safety and well-being of all participants, staff, facilities, and equipment.
- Must be willing to travel to various locations throughout Oak Park and arrive in a timely manner.