The Boston Red Sox are looking for a part-time Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach to assist the organization’s strength and conditioning rehabilitation program at Fenway Park in Boston, MA during the upcoming 2023 season. The strength and conditioning coach will assist the return to play (RTP) protocol as prescribed by the team’s S&C coaches and in accordance with the Boston Red Sox rehab department design.
- The primary responsibility will be to assist player(s) while they are performing RTP protocol as prescribed by the team’s S&C coaches.
- Collaboration with other members of Major League sport performance and on-field staff, including but not limited to major league physical therapist and athletic trainers, sport scientists, registered dieticians, and baseball skill coaches.
- Assessment and screening of players as assigned; perform prescribed assessment and screening of players during the process of RTP protocol.
- Submission of a weekly report to ML S&C coaches regarding players’ progression.
- Travel: One trip to Fort Myers, FL during ML Spring Training (approximately one week).
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARARTERISTICS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred in an Exercise Science related field.
- CSCS is required and RSCC is required or upon hiring.
- First Aid/CPR certified required.
- Previous experience working with athletes in a rehab setting is required.
- 5 years of collegiate or professional sports experience preferred.
- Previous baseball experience preferred.
- Candidates with FMS & OnBaseU certifications strongly considered.