An assistant soccer coach instructs players at practice and during games. He or she is also responsible for helping design plays and strategies for the team.
- Knows and understands the soccer rules and any changes that are made throughout the season.
- Studies the skills and abilities of the players on the team and puts each player in the most suitable position.
- Recognizes and uses each player's specific talents to devise plays and playing strategies for games.
- Studies the abilities of the players on opposing teams, as well as their coach's strategies.
- Knows how many timeouts are left in each game and makes the best use of them.
- Asks the referee questions about calls on plays.
- Keeps up with the score throughout the game.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand the fundamentals of the game of soccer.
- Have the ability to motivate players to reach their potential.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Be able to effectively handle stress and keep their demeanor positive throughout the game.