This position is responsible to assist with recruiting, game planning and all aspects of the Division II soccer program in compliance with all NCAA, MEC Conference and institutional rules and regulations. This is a full time position, with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively assisting in coaching the soccer programs in a manner which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA conference, MEC, and institutional rules and regulations;
- Effectively assisting in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the soccer programs, and effectively promoting Concord University academic and athletic programs to potential students;
- Ensuring that players associated with the soccer program are eligible under NCAA and MEC regulations;
- Assisting the Head Coach in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and effectively monitoring student athlete academic progress; referring or counseling where appropriate, and motivating the athlete; establishing and maintaining good personal relationships with student athletes, staff, the community and the media.
- Ability to identify and recruit outstanding student-athletes is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential.
- Knowledge of related computer applications is important.
- Communication, motivation, people, and problem solving skills are required.
- Clear understanding of NCAA Division II philosophy and the student-athlete experience.
- Ability to work as a part of a team environment.