The successful candidate will assist the head coach in the organization and management of a competitive NCAA Division III women’s soccer program, including serving as the lead coach for the William Smith Soccer Development Team.
- Teach student-athletes all related principles and rules of the sport.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of practice and game plans.
- Operate digital platforms to develop training, practice and game plans.
- Maintain an exemplary standard of conduct, which reflects the highest level of professionalism and good judgment.
- Be knowledgeable of and compliant with all institutional, department, NCAA and conference policies, rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with student-athletes.
- Reinforce academic success as a priority.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred. Degree(s) in physical education, kinesiology, education or related field preferred.
- A minimum of four years of competitive sailing and/or coaching sailing at the college-level highly required.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong potential to teach, lead and counsel college student-athletes and have enthusiasm for the recruiting duties of the position.
- The candidate must be a person of integrity, high ethical standards, have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of HWS Athletics.
- U.S. Sailing level 2 or 3 certification preferred.
- Competence with technology resources and a current U.S. driver’s license are vital to fulfilling the responsibilities of this position.