The Assistant Soccer Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Soccer Coach with developing and administering a highly competitive soccer program; abiding by University, Lone Star Conference and NCAA rules and regulations; and along with all other Athletics personnel, working towards achieving the objectives of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Assists the head coach in managing and directing the soccer program.
- Assists the head soccer coach with all aspects of the team including training, competing and scheduling.
- Organizes and maintains accurate inventory of soccer equipment and uniforms.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Assists with recruiting including calling prospective student-athletes, evaluating high school and junior college players, and maintaining an accurate records and database on the NCAA’s Compliance Assistant program.
- Organizes and completes all required paperwork including but not limited to Payment by Check requests for officials and Compliance forms such as weekly time logs.
- Supports and participates in the department’s commitment to community service.
- Assists with alumni relations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Ability to scout opponents and break down game tapes.
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the university, the Lone Star Conference and the NCAA.
- A proven record in following directives and being responsible for tasks which have been assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
- Ability to attend seminars, meetings and other professional development opportunities at or away from TWU.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.