The duties of the assistant coach are to carry out the program planned by the head coach, to assist as required, and to perform delegated duties set forth by the head coach of that sport.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have or be able to obtain NFHS Certification and Steroid and Concussion Management Training.
- Must have or willing to attend Blood Borne Pathogens, Sexual Harassment, Bullying Prevention and Child Abuse Training.
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have or be able to obtain a First Aid and CPR certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the head coach in proper registration of athletes.
- Assist the head coach in making systematic issuance of equipment.
- Assist the head coach in providing accurate information needed to compile eligibility lists and other reports.
- Meet with the squad to discuss all rules and regulations.
- Assist in implementing the athletic objectives of the sport.
- Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and facilities.
- Assume supervisory control over athletes and teams assigned.