The position of Assistant Coach is for the purpose of assisting the Head Coach in organizing and conducting the athletic program to meet the needs of the participants, by providing them worthwhile learning experiences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit exceptional integrity and character at all times.
- Be a positive role model in the school and community.
- Perform delegated duties assigned by the Head Coach.
- Be knowledgeable of and implement the planned system and style of play as established by the Head Coach.
- Enforce all athletic regulations and take initiative in making proposals for improvement in the program through the Head Coach to the Athletic Director and principal.
- Attend meetings and professional development organized and conducted by the Head Coach, Athletic Director, or principal.
- Demonstrate proper active supervision during all scheduled activities or student/athletes including, but not limited to, game, practice, locker room, and transportation.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of skill development, training techniques, fundamentals, game strategy, and the rules of the sport.
Licensed, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
- National Federation High School Sports Coach Education Course.
- Concussion Management Certificate.
- ODE Steroid Training Course.
- Heat Acclimatization Certificate.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
- Glucagon & Epi-Pen Training.