The Assistant Softball Coach will report to the Head Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the Softball Program including the recruitment of a diverse set of student-athletes, assisting with daily operations, practice implementation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach and Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Valid driver’s license to drive college vehicles to team competition when necessary. Requires successful completion of Five College Risk Management driver credentialing program.
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience.
- An understanding of the role intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment.
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community.
- Coaching - Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork Analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction Assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning.
- Recruiting - Participate in scouting and recruitment of prospective student-athletes Help monitor the progress of a diverse set of prospective student-athletes’ application process Help coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits.
- Program responsibilities - Compliance with College, NESCAC, and NCAA rules and regulations Work with the Head Coach to develop and strengthen team culture and create a diverse and inclusive program.