Under the direction of the head coach, the assistant will coach student-athletes, including leading all team practices and scheduled games/competitions; demonstrating skills; developing game preparation and strategy; conditioning and training student-athletes in order to develop skill, character, and teamwork in softball.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year institution.
- Willing and able to work nights and weekends.
- Physical ability to fulfill duties of the position, including lifting up to 50 lbs. and having the mobility needed to demonstrate skills and movement required in practices/contests.
- Able to demonstrate successful skills in cooperation, organization, communication and problem solving.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to motivate, teach, and counsel student-athletes.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Successful experience coaching at the collegiate level in softball.
- Experience as an assistant softball coach.