The assistant coach will support the head coach in the coaching duties of the NCAA D-III Softball program in accordance and compliance with NCAA, North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and The College of Wooster policies and regulations. The assistant coach will also participate in all aspects of recruitment, training and development of student-athletes, retention, and the total organization and administration of the program, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning, development, and direction of all team training and conditioning activities at a level that will maintain the Softball program's position of competitive leadership in the North Coast Athletic Conference and the NCAA Division III.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of scouting reports, game film, film breakdown, and film exchange.
- Complete analysis of opponent spray chart and scouting information to strategically position outfielders during games.
- Serve as primary hitting OR pitching coach (secondary positional instruction as assigned).
- Serve as primary social media coordinator, developing a strong social media platform.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- One to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the sport, and sport specific certification, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire).