Under direct supervision of the Head Softball Coach, the incumbent will perform, develop, coordinate, administer professional and administrative services and assist the Head Softball Coach with developing and administering a highly competitive softball program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Head Softball Coach in managing and directing the softball program.
- Assist the Head Softball Coach with all aspects of the team including daily, on-field practice, conditioning and weight room workouts, game day competition, and scheduling of fall and spring games.
- Organize and maintain accurate inventory by using related software or spreadsheets and entering data required for softball equipment and uniforms.
- Assist the Head Softball Coach or greenkeepers/groundskeepers with the maintenance of the softball field and facility.
- Coordinate travel arrangements by contacting a travel agency or logging into the websites for hotels, transportation companies or any other company associated with the travel industry and book reservations for the Head Softball Coach and team.
- Organize and complete all required paperwork including but not limited to Payment by Check Requests for officials and compliance forms such as weekly time logs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of management methods and ability to provide administrative guidance within area of responsibility and provide direct training and supervision as needed.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of facilities and/or equipment.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the assessment of training effects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with students and other involved parties.
- Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the college.