The assistant softball coach will assist the head coach in all aspects of the program, including recruiting, practice/game planning and coaching, individual skill development, and administrative tasks. The assistant coach will assist with positional duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop players by teaching, coaching and demonstrating. Utilize video to break down and evaluate individuals, games and practices. Review video with individuals and team.
- Assist with positional strategies as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assist with positional skill instruction as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Understand overall philosophy, know drills and their purpose. Teach with enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Be a positive role model and be available for the student- athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with athletes, members of the University community, San Diego community, and all media.
- Possess good management skills
- Ability to understand the goals and responsibilities of running a successful athletic program at the NCAA Division I level.
- Represent the University in a professional and responsible manner; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adherence to and appreciation for NCAA/conference/league regulations and ability to instill those values in subordinates and students.