Responsibilities will include assisting the head coach in the administration of all phases of the varsity and junior varsity intercollegiate softball program within the framework of the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association; including, but not limited to coaching, recruiting, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, performing fieldwork, setting up travel arrangements, fundraising, assisting with campus visit arrangements and promoting the College’s strong Benedictine heritage and College diversity and inclusion goals.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Saints varsity/junior varsity softball program.
- Assist in the process of scouting and recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in player development.
- Demonstrate strong cross-cultural competency skills while assisting student athletes navigate the barriers historically under-represented students experience in education
- Perform field maintenance duties and game day field preparation.
- Perform duties as assigned within the athletic department as assigned by the Athletic. Director (game management, equipment supervisor, sports information, etc.)
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Coaching experience in college, high school, or equivalent.
- Evidence of teaching and coaching skills.
- Experience recruiting student-athletes.
- Evidence to work weekends and holidays.
- Task and detail oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.