The assistant softball coach will assist the head coach in all aspects of the program, including recruiting, practice/game planning and coaching, individual skill development, and administrative tasks. The assistant coach will assist with positional duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop players by teaching, coaching and demonstrating. Utilize video to break down and evaluate individuals, games and practices. Review video with individuals and team.
- Assist with positional strategies as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assist with positional skill instruction as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Understand overall philosophy, know drills and their purpose. Teach with enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Be a positive role model and be available for the student- athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least one year of related experience in the sport required.
- Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Heartsaver CPR /AED certification required. Must have this certificate within 6 weeks of employment.
- Must pass NCAA Division I Coaches Recruiting Test, (yearly). Must complete this within 6 weeks of employment.
- California driver’s license required within 6 weeks of employment.