The Oakland University Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in developing a NCAA Division I softball program for student-athletes, within the rules and policies of The Horizon League and NCAA legislated guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Softball coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Experience with NCAA Rules and Regulations.
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in fund raising efforts and events.
- A valid vehicle operator’s license and a driving record acceptable to the university are required.
- Offensive/Hitting coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit top Division I student-athletes.
- Experience in practice planning, evaluating student-athletes, and managing travel schedules/itineraries.