This is a part-time position. As Assistant Softball Coach: responsible for assisting the head coach with managing all aspects of an NCAA Division III athletic program.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated successful coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- CPR/AED/First Aid;
- Driver’s license.
- For any certifications not possessed upon hire, certifications must be promptly attained and regularly maintained.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching and instruction to student-athletes participating in the program;
- Assist the head coach with administrative duties and program oversight as directed;
- Support the head coach;
- Assist with actively recruiting new student-athletes to the program within Berea College and NCAA Division III guidelines;
- Support the academic progress of all team members;
- Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and conduct representative of the coaching profession and Berea College Athletics;
- Maintain compliance with rules and regulations of all conference and national athletic affiliations;
- Assist with general facility upkeep and maintenance;
- Complete the annual NCAA coach’s rules test.