Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking an Assistant Women’s Softball Coach to assist the Head Softball Coach in the administration of the program. The Assistant Women’s Softball Coach Employee will be responsible for supporting work assignments referring to employee plan of work, annual divisional initiatives, and employment policies.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the softball program.
- Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the program.
- Administer program within the policies of Iowa Wesleyan University and the NAIA.
- Provide an environment conducive to a high level of academic performance by team members.
- Employ retention initiatives for student-athletes through collaboration with numerous University offices.
- Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest preparation, competition, and off-season training.
- Delegate responsibilities to assistants, student coaches, managers, and squad members.
- Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system while maintaining a high level of visibility within Iowa Wesleyan’s service region.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant coaches
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Playing experience required
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Valid US Driver’s License and the ability to be authorized to drive IW fleet vehicles.