To provide knowledge, motivation and leadership in an activity in which the student can excel to full potential while competing in an atmosphere that adds to total education including physical well being, moral character, and social and mental development.
- Instruct athletes regarding techniques, rules and safety practices of the sport.
- Develops and organizes practice program.
- Schedule and conduct practices according to agreed upon schedules. Practice time for each sport is 3:00p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Supervise athletes from the scheduled beginning of the practice or game until the last athlete is picked up, knowing where all participants are at all times.
- Supervise athletes on buses on trips to other schools.
- Promote the entire interscholastic program of the school and direct the program in harmony with the total school program.
- Set an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct including respecting and supporting contest officials.
- Foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Must be 19 or older for Assistant Coach and 21 or older for Head Coach per WIAA rules.
- Must have current First Aid/CPR certification or be able to acquire it by the start of the season.
- Type II Driver’s License, preferred.
- Understand the activity/sport, its safety practice, techniques, rules and progression of skill development.
Mead School District #354 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups.