The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for recruiting, assisting in practice and games for the College's softball team. The coach will adhere to the general employee guidelines as specified by the Personnel handbook, the Vice President of Student Services, the Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC), and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Participate in the supervision of players on and off the field.
- Recruit the best possible student athletes to Calhoun, preferably in North Alabama.
- Report all prevalent activities and actions to the head coach, athletic director and the president.
- Follow the proper chain of command with any relevant issues in the college.
- Maintain a proper working relationship with all faculty and staff at Calhoun.
- Assist with facilities that being used by the softball team.
- Assist in organizing practices and game plans for the team.
- Instruct and coach pitchers.
- Consistently monitor team equipment to ensure that it is properly used.
- Exemplify proper conduct for the student athletes and toward all members of the college and in the community.
- Demonstrated expertise in subject specialty.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, other employees, and the public.
- Commitment to all students, including those of diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
- Understanding of basic computer skills.
- Ability to coordinate and assist in coaching the softball team.
- Ability to instruct and coach pitchers.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise student athletes.