The Assistant Coach serves as the next in line of authority for the CNCC Softball program. This position is responsible for implementing the operating program elements of the head coach who oversees all aspects of student-athletes development including coaching, mentoring and training student-athletes who are highly skilled in their sport while pursuing Athletics’ twin goals of athletic excellence and developing the characteristics to be academically successful.
- Meets with each athlete once a month to review progress on the student success checklist to include academic, athletic, and other progress or issues. Help athletes in improvement planning and goal setting and monitor their performance on these plans.
- Models and encourages leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork, and positive citizenship.
- Assists in verifying athlete eligibility prior to competition.
- Serves as the responsible party for student-athlete safety and conduct during all team athletic practices, games, events and activities and notifies the athletic director of any issues.
- Demonstrating the ability to assist in administering NJCAA Division I intercollegiate program including recruiting, scheduling, fund raising, travel and practice planning
- Ability to coach, teach and train student-athletes in skills and strategies related to competition.
- General knowledge of field preparations and maintenance.
- CPR/First-Aid/ AED.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record (Candidate must possess, or agrees to obtain, CDL sufficient to safely drive CNCC bus/van for transporting athletes to and from games. This should be time constrained to no more than 2 months of hire date if they do not already have the CDL).
Colorado Northwestern Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to all students, employees and other designated groups.