The Assistant Coach is responsible for providing assistance with the development and operation of the softball program. The Assistant Coach will assist in leadership, direction and guidance efforts for the entire program.
- Contribute to the organization of the total program and provide support and cooperation to all levels of sports at Prairie State College.
- Assist with the recruitment of student-athletes and provide direct assistance to academic achievement related matters.
- Demonstrate an adequate understanding of by-laws and regulations as defined by the Illinois Skyway Conference and the NJCAA, including rules and rule changes.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff members, administration, media and the public.
- Show a willingness to work within the confines and limitations of an intercollegiate athletic program.
- Contribute to the organization and development of related clinics and workshops conducted by the athletic department.
- Assist with the development of a record keeping system for soccer and affiliated programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent or Associate’s degree.
- Previous coaching experience as a head coach or assistant coach in a college/university or high school setting.
- Ability to assist in recruitment of student-athletes and operate under NJCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills necessary to interface with students, faculty and general public.
- Experience working with a culturally diverse student population.