Candidates must possess or be eligible for West Virginia Teacher Certification; or, possess or have the ability to obtain the WV Coaching Authorization (High School Diploma or GED Required), prior to the start of the season. This includes successful completion of a three-day ASEP / WVSSAC certification training class, with three online exams, followed by four NFHS / WVSSAC online courses, with online exams and required CPR/AED/First Aid Safeschools trainings.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for assisting in the administration of the designated sports program.
- Assist in the development of team philosophies and responsibilities.
- Supervision of players.
- Inventory of all equipment.
- Work with head coach and athletic director/principal on program budget.
- Maintenance of fields and facilities input.
- Prepare practice/game plans.
- Supervise an off-season strength and conditioning program.
- Assist in program to follow player academic progress.
- Participate in the school’s Sportsmanship Program and Scholar/Athlete Program.
- Cooperate with athletic director/principal, head coach, and fellow coaches and students to promote the best interested of the entire athletic program.