The Assistant Coach is responsible for providing effective leadership for, and day-to-day management of, the sports program. The Head Coach supports the academic mission of the college through athletics and recreation programs by teaching and demonstrating examples of leadership and value based decision making to student-athletes. The Assistant Coach provides management and oversight of the program in the absence of the Head Coach.
- Implements and maintains a standard of performance consistent with the College's goals of academic and athletic excellence. Promotes academic achievement among athletes. Consults with and works collaboratively with the Athletic Director and the Associate Director of Student-Athlete Health and Welfare regarding the academic performance of student-athletes as appropriate.
- Provides instruction, mentoring, coaching, evaluation of, and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential. Determines appropriate coaching methods and strategies in consultation with the Director of Athletics & Recreation. Provides effective leadership, mentoring and supervision to Assistant Coaches. Provides assistance in scheduling and organizing games & meets. Develops and communicates practice schedules.
- Assist the Head Coach with managing the program within budgetary guidelines to avoid exceeding budgetary limits. Submits all budget-related reports as required in a timely manner. Advises the Head Coach of resource needs, including funding needs and staffing needs. Assists Head Coach in formulating annual budget requests as necessary.
- Assure facilities and equipment are prepared in advance of practice sessions and games/meets/matches. Report & monitor proper maintenance of equipment and practice and contest facilities to ensure safe playing conditions.
- Highschool diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 1 year previous Coaching Experience and/or experience as a player within the sport.
- Current CPR, AED and first aid certification.
- Large Van Certification within 90 days of hire.
- Basic knowledge of Google Suites preferred.
- Ability to travel multiple times per month is required The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.