Assist the Head Coach of a middle school athletic team and support the development of the athletic program by teaching fundamentals and advanced skills of the sport while following Poudre School District guidelines.
- Assist the head coach with practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport.
- Help supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety.
- Attend and monitor practices and games.
- Assist with communicating to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Follow all Poudre School District guidelines.
- Assist with inventory and security of equipment and supplies.
- Assist with equipment maintenance, locker-room supervision, and extra practices.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience in the sport strongly preferred.
- Must have expertise in the fundamental skills, rules, and schemes pertaining to the sport.