Manhattan College an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), is seeking a qualified candidate for a 12 month, full-time position as Assistant Coach for the Women’s Softball Program to recruit, develop and retain qualified student-athletes and assist in all aspects of conducting the program.
- Assists with preparation of practice and competition including scouting duties.
- Assists with the planning of road trips, team meals and travel itinerary.
- Organizes recruiting visits and itineraries.
- Responsible to use ARMS software to maintain and update activities regarding the program.
- Assists with budget planning for the program.
- Responsible for checking on academic progress of team members.
- Attends regularly scheduled department meetings.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of sport equipment.
- Collaborates with administrative offices and other campus constituents.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of coaching experience at the Division I level.
- Assertive, motivated, outgoing and resourceful with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all NCAA, MAAC and institutional governing conduct of intercollegiate athletics.