This position assists in the coordination of the HCC Softball program by performing all duties assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director to the best of their ability and in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend coach meetings and clinics for professional growth.
- Attend and take part in the in-service training provided by the Head Coach.
- Be familiar with and follow the policies of Highland Community College, the NJCAA, and the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference.
- Assist the Head Coach in recruiting activities.
- Attend all practices, workouts, and home and away contests in the Women's Softball Program.
- Remain until all participants have left facilities or designate a responsible person to remain.
- Teach sportsmanship and set an example of good moral and physical behavior.
- Teach fundamentals, techniques, etc., as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assume responsibility of assisting the head coach, under his/her supervision, in performing assigned responsibilities.
- Assist the Head Coach with driving responsibilities to away contests.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Collegiate coaching/recruiting experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no major infractions within the past five years.
- Must be eligible to work for any employer without sponsorship. HCC does not provide sponsorship to work in the U.S.