The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Softball Coach with recruiting organization, practice, coaching, scouting of opponents, game preparation, coaching at all games, and assisting with managing all equipment for softball program. Responsible for coordination, supervision, and promotion of activities for the softball program.
Examples of Duties:
- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Establishes clear strategies for the team and implementing organized practices that develop the skills needed for that strategy including particular elements of situational game events.
- Assess player's skills, monitor players during competition and practice; organize and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises based on performance.
- Monitors student athlete progress reports to assure attendance and academic success.
- Help supervise student athlete study halls.
- Maintains database to track student athlete academic progress.
- Adheres to all rules, regulations, and policies of the College, Athletics Department, NJCAA, and federal Title IX requirements.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three years coaching experience at the travel, high school or college level.
- Two seasons experience as a coach or assistant coach required.
- Two seasons experience as a coach or assistant coach at the intercollegiate level preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching, and communication skills are essential.
- Computer literate.
- Responsible, positive leadership, disciplined, and a team player.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License. Must have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations, or a pattern of repeat violations.