To establish and maintain, according to the Little Rock School District and Athletic Department, goals and objectives that will lead to a competitive softball program.
- A Bachelor’s degree minimum.
- Must have a valid Arkansas teacher’s license.
- Must meet State Department of Education requirements for coaching endorsement.
- Must meet Arkansas Activities Association requirements for coaches.
- Evidence of strong commitment to quality education.
- Must have experience or a desire to work in a diverse school district
- Enhanced knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of Arkansas Activities Association (AAA Handbook) rules.
- Demonstrate the ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets and instruct assigned classes in the location and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and – in harmony with the goals – establishes clearly objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement, by instruction and action, the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.