This position, under the direction of the Head Coach, independently performs and is responsible for (1) assisting the Head Coach in the coordination of a safe, enthusiastic, growing sports program, (2) the recruitment, supervision, and coaching of NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) athletes, under the guidelines of the college, KCAC (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference) and NAIA policies and procedures, and (3) working with all staff to provide a quality program and encourage student athletes in both athletic excellence and good sportsmanship.
- Assists in the administration of all phases of a NAIA sports program including recruiting qualified student athletes.
- Adhere to College recruitment scholarship model.
- Lead, support, and prioritize student retention and persistence to graduation.
- Create and foster a positive environment of growth, development, and support for student-athletes, both in and out of sport. Negative, demeaning, and derogatory coaching and communication tactics will not be tolerated.
- Assist in formulating the team’s competitive schedule.
- Assist in organizing and training student-athletes for successful and safe competition.
- Keep abreast of current trends and methods by participating in clinics, workshops, etc. that contribute to professional development and self-improvement.
- Adhere to college, KCAC and NAIA policies and procedures.
- Foster cooperative working relationships with immediate supervisor as well as any staff or team members associated with the program.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Good communication skills, organized, and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, including students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration, and the community-at-large.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/assignments concurrently and be very results-oriented.
- Highly motivated and works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Regular attendance required.