Responsible for assistance and organization to the administration of a university athletic program including the recruitment of student athletes, coaching, mentoring, instructing, practice management, athletic team competition management, and the retention of student athletes.
- Participates as a member of a coaching team to recruit, retain, and graduate student-athletes, contributing to the success of the program and vibrancy of campus life. Provide ongoing support to student-athletes concerning their academic progress toward degree completion.
- Provides support to Head Coach in the administration of the program including fund and friend raising for the advancement of the program.
- Provides ongoing support and conversation to student athletes to assure a strong relationship and support with the athlete and family, guide student athletes in all aspects of program participation.
- Contributes toward meeting team enrollment targets and the retention of student athletes.
- Collaborates with and support other coaches and personnel within the athletic department.
- Ensures adherence to the NAIA and rules and regulations including the NAIA Champions of Character 5 core values
- Provides leadership to student athletes regarding campus involvement and community service.
- Current/valid Driver’s License.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and motivation skills.
- Ability to think critically and provide options for sound solutions.
- Ability to manage individuals and complex tasks.
- Positive role model for student-athletes, university personnel, alumni, and members of the off- campus community.