The Assistant Softball Coach reports to the Head Softball Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA, ASUN Conference, and the University.
- Assist Head Coach in recruiting, instructing, and retaining, highly skilled student-athletes for the softball team.
- Provide instruction to softball student athletes on the fundamentals, details, and strategies of softball as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assist in monitoring student-athletes academic progress.
- Preparing and instructing workouts.
- Assist in coordinating travel arrangements (including but not limited to: Hotels, food, charters, vans, itinerary.
- Assist in the paperwork such as compliance, properly communicating with team, adhering to all NCAA as well as University policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of softball tactics and fundamentals.
- Playing or coaching experience at the college, university, or a professional level.