- Run all day-to-day operations and development of the pitching staff. Assist in planning and implementing effective practice sessions, focusing on skill development, and strategy to maximize player potential.
- Provide skill instruction, guidance, and support to players during practices, games, and individual training sessions.
- Evaluate player performance, assess strengths and weaknesses, and provide constructive feedback for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Head Coach to recruit talented student-athletes who demonstrate the potential to contribute to the softball program’s success.
- Help coordinate team travel arrangements, equipment management, and other administrative tasks.
- Provide guidance and support to student-athletes in balancing their academic commitments with athletic responsibilities. Encourage academic success and monitor progress to ensure eligibility requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous collegiate softball playing experience is strongly preferred.
- Coaching experience at the high school, college, or club level is highly desirable.
- Extensive softball pitching experience, with a deep understanding of mechanics, strategy, and technique at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations pertaining to softball programs is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective coaching strategies and skill development programs.
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.