The Columbia Public School District is seeking an Assistant Softball Coach for Hickman High School. Through the “love of sport” we hope to deepen each student’s capacity for character development. As a member of our teams’ students will learn to be accountable; to demonstrate commitment, teamwork, and self-sacrifice; to deal with success and failure; and to strive for excellence each time they compete.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach students in the game of Softball while also teaching and modeling life skills and character traits needed for success in life beyond the game of Softball. Assists the head coach in planning, organizing, and coordinating Softball functions.
- Assisting and maintaining the softball program.
- Maintaining positive communication with patrons and parents of athletes and potential athletes.
- Assisting with off-season camps and conditioning programs.
- Encouraging good sportsmanship and enthusiasm for the sport.
- Collaborating with other coaches to ensure a comprehensive approach to Hickman High School athletes.
- Ensuring compliance with MSHAA.
- Missouri teaching certificate or Missouri substitute teaching certificate is required; Sport First Aid Course is required.
- Experience: Prior teaching/coaching experience preferred.