The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in building a successful program at The University of Olivet. This includes assisting with eligibility, recruitment, retention, budget, fundraising, game day management, scheduling, coaching (primarily outfield and hitting), and any other program needs directed by the Head Coach.
- Some earned undergraduate credits from a college or university, with continued progress towards a bachelor’s degree
- Playing experience
- CPR/AED First Aid Certification required (available on-site)
- Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test, once hired
- Ability to represent the Athletic Department in an appropriate and professional manner Ability to abide by the rules for the sport of the NCAA, MIAA, and The University
- Ability to attend athletic staff meetings, mandatory student-athlete programs, admissions events, sports banquets, athletic fundraising activities, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Coaching experience.
- Outfield and hitting knowledge.
- Experience in NCAA college or university level athletics, as a coach or student-athlete.
- Experience working directly with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to enhance professional growth by attending clinics and workshops as well as belonging to national and state coaching associations.