Serve as assistant coach and assist in team operations management and coaching of student-athletes, including the recruitment of students for the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the assistant coach of the program by providing sport training and instruction under the direction of the head coach, assisting in the conduct of practice sessions and development of contest strategy.
- Meet institution, NCAA, and ODAC obligations as the assistant coach.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate student managers, if applicable.
- Assist, as needed, with the implementation of a successful recruiting plan to yield an appropriate number and quality of student-athletes for the program, including some or all of the following: assistance with the communication flow (printed, online and telephone), participation in Randolph Admissions preview days, coordination of interviews on campus, in high schools, and at homes or other locations with student-athletes, parents, and high school/club coaches.
- Assist with supervision of the physical conditioning and development of injury prevention techniques, preseason preparation of student-athletes, and post-season completion of program administrative duties.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sport program techniques and strategies.
- General knowledge and/or willingness to learn, NCAA rules and conference policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills including effective verbal and written abilities.
- Solid organizational and leadership skills. Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively with students, families, staff, faculty and coaches.
- Ability to positively influence public relations between the athletic department, the campus, and the community.
- Computer and database skills helpful.