Dundee-Crown High School is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of a Assistant Softball Coach with a strong knowledge in hitting, fielding, pitching and in the overall management of the Softball Program. Must be able to coach at all levels within the program, able to coach various areas within the program, organized, flexible, able to take direction from the head coach and/or direct supervisor, and able to work and communicate with parents and the Booster Club.
- Organizes and oversees specific program levels or areas of responsibility.
- Communicates with the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director to secure facilities to ensure a safe practice/competition environment for students.
- Supports the philosophy, programmatic instruction of sequential fundamentals, and proper conditioning communicated by the head coach.
- Communicates and plan with the head coach practice sessions and competition strategies to ensure the health and physical well-being of the student participants.
- Coordinates with the head coach and Athletic Director all in-season practices.
- Assures that all student participants at his/her program level are in compliance with D300 and IHSA requirements including current athletic physical, Code of Conduct, fees paid, and is academically eligible, prior to practice, tryout, and competition.
- Models and instills the values of sportsmanship and fair play to all participants, and enforces consequences for breach of such standards.
- Attends all student-athlete practices, and games, and monitors proper supervision at all practices, games, and on school-provided transportation.
- Maintains and provides the head coach with end-of-season individual and team records and statistics.