The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for assisting with coaching, coordination, fund-raising, and administration of activities associated with the College's softball program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain playing surfaces of the softball field.
- Assists with monitoring student-athlete's academic progress.
- Coordinates logistics of team travel.
- Assists in fundraising in both softball and with major fund raisers in the Athletic Department.
- Keeps current on and helps ensure that the College's baseball program stays in full compliance with related rules and regulations of NJCAA, ACCC, and Alabama Community College System.
- Assist with tryouts to get prospective athletes on campus and evaluates prospective athletes for inclusion on the softball team.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- One year of formal coaching experience at high school or college level is required.
- Valid driver license is required.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Ability to work nonstandard hours is required.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student-athletes academically and athletically.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CDL.