This position will assist the Head Coach in the areas of coaching, academic support, supervision, transportation, recruiting, scouting and managing equipment for the athletic program.
Examples of Duties:
- Assist the head coach in supporting the academic success of student-athletes
- Assist the head coach in conditioning, practice, and game preparation, supervision, and instruction.
- Assist the head coach in recruiting and retaining student-athletes for the program.
- Assist in maintaining the sport fields/playing surface and equipment.
- Assist the head coach in fundraising for the program and attend the annual golf outing, student-athlete banquet and other events deemed necessary by the Athletic Director.
- Required to attend all staff meetings set by the athletics director or by college leadership.
- Dress in a professional manner when at the office, practice, or coaching games.
- Expected to volunteer with team in at least one community service project per school year.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two seasons experience as an assistant coach/player. Experience on the intercollegiate level preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching, and communication skills are essential.
- Computer literate.
- Responsible, positive leadership, disciplined, and a team player.
- Ability to recruit student athletes, develop successful programs, and maintain operations (budget, equipment ordering, NJCAA eligibility, game management, etc.) is required.