The Assistant Coach is the individual charged with assisting in the same duties and responsibilities as the head coach. He or she is responsible for assisting in planning, programming, directing, supervising and implementing the duties and functions of the individual sports program.
- Responsible for attending staff meetings planned by the Head Coach.
- Assists in scouting opponents and recruiting new students as assigned.
- Aids in the execution and completion of necessary forms and other related work involved in the sport.
- Assists in the overall operating and planning of practice and game competition.
- Interacts with students, co-workers, visitors, and other individuals consistent with the values of Jefferson.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Exhibits a sense of loyalty to the Head Coach and the Athletic program. The Assistant Coach at all times must curtail some of his or her own thoughts regarding team strategy, policy, etc. to comply with the overall philosophy of the Head Coach.
- Assumes other duties assigned by the Head Coach pertaining to the overall athletic program of the particular sport. Some such duties might be: conducting portions of practice drills, managing equipment, working with managers, public relations, keeping statistics, etc.
- Responsible for (in the absence of the Head Coach) assuming the responsibilities of the Head Coach.
- Supports the Head Coach in conducting the individual activities of his/her respective sport.