The Head Coach will work under the supervision of the Athletic Director in accordance with District and Building’s mission and vision. The Head Coach oversees the growth and development of student athletes by focusing on fundamental skills instruction with an emphasis on whole child development to include expectations for academic and athletic excellence, leadership skills, and positive social relationships.
- Provide age and skill-appropriate training and instruction and coaching to students for the purpose of developing student skills, abilities, attitudes, sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-esteem.
- Teach rules and safety and provide a variety of guidance, instruction, and experiences to enhance students’ personal, physical, social, and emotional development.
- Promote student participants in all sports and the value of being a multi-sport athlete in a positive manner.
- Supervise student behavior, correct behavior, and maintain discipline consistent with WIAA regulations and district/building policies and procedures.
- Assist in scheduling sport-related events including coaching meetings, practices, and games; and logistics related to the sport including transportation and parent meetings.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of student athletes. Provide first aid to injured or ill students and/or refer to appropriate staff as applicable as appropriate.
- Direct and supervise the work of assistants and volunteers.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Formal training in the specific sport as per WIAA requirements including current CPR/first aid card.
- College degree, preferred.