Provide responsible assistance to develop and maintain a high quality softball program that is consistent with the mission statement of the Gladstone athletic department.
- Prior successful coaching experience desirable.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and moral character.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to work positively with parents, staff and students.
- Follows District and OSAA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to assist in the organization of large groups and fundraising efforts.
- Must be able to attain ASEP certification.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including [communities of color], in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- Be in regular attendance and punctual at all contests and practice sessions.
- Assist head coach in making systematic issuance of equipment.
- Assume supervisory control over athletes and teams assigned and maintain security of locker room area.
- Apply discipline in a firm and positive manner.
- Promote and demonstrate positive sportsmanship to teammates, opponents, officials and spectators.
- Assist in teaching the fundamentals of your sport in a manner so that all athletes can learn and improve.
- Support the importance of the role academics plays in the life of the student-athlete.
- Conduct self and team in an ethical manner during contests and practice sessions.
- Share your philosophy and expectations clearly to your players, parents and the community.
- Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and facilities.