This person reports to the Head Softball Coach and is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of women’s softball team, to include, but not limited to; coaching, scheduling, conditioning, contest preparation, scouting, practice planning and execution, fundraising, purchasing and care of equipment, planning and supervision of team travel, and monitoring the personal, academic and athletic development of student athletes in their program.
- Adhere to, and enforce, all policies and procedures of Occidental College and Occidental Athletics as well as rules and regulations of the NCAA and SCIAC.
- Follow the department's spending plan and be fiscally responsible.
- Attend and participate in departmental staff meetings, divisional meetings and college functions deemed essential.
- Actively support a diverse and inclusive environment in Occidental Athletics.
- Be an ambassador of Occidental Athletics and its core values.
- Contribute to the ongoing culture of Occidental College and its mission.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to the academic achievement of student athletes, good communication, organizational skills, and the ability to work amiably with students, administrators, and faculty within the rules and regulations of the College, the SCIAC Conference, and the NCAA Division III.