Bishop Lynch High School seeks a mission-driven assistant softball coach to lead the program and actively coordinate the development and promotion of softball. The head and assistant coach will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the softball teams at practices, games, competition and special events. The coaches are required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS).
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Inspire, motivate, encourage and develop each student-athlete while teaching contemporary softball techniques, rules and strategies.
- Lead and promote members of the softball program.
- Serve as a positive role model for students and the community.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, staff, and school administration.
- Plan and attend summer softball camp.
- Support the organization and scheduling of practice sessions and develop. game/performance strategies.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with players, parents, vendors and head coach.
- Attend all games, all practices, TAPPS competition and special performances as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of softball.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to handle situation in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.