Manhattan College, an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), is seeking applications for an Assistant Softball Coach. The successful candidate will assist the Head Softball Coach with all aspects of the Manhattan softball program. The successful candidate will work to develop a positive atmosphere for the program both internally and externally to the athletic department and College.
- Recruit, coach and improve (teach) talented student-athletes.
- Ability to market and promote Manhattan College softball program.
- Must exhibit leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student athletes and staff.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to support and assist other employees.
- Develop a positive atmosphere for the program both internally and externally within the athletic department and College.
- Recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of full-time prior experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Assertive, outgoing, hard-working and resourceful.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships and create partnerships with a wide range of constituent groups.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- A working knowledge of computer programs and systems.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Required to travel and the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.