The University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) invites resumes for a full-time, contractual position with limited benefits. The Assistant Softball Coach will assist the Head Coach in administering all phases of a Division I Intercollegiate softball program. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- On-field coaching and player development.
- Assist in recruiting as well as scheduling, team organization, and supervising student athletes.
- Monitoring academic progress.
- Ordering equipment.
- Manager oversight.
- Maintain alumni and community relations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with students, faculty,administration, alumni, and the public.
- Video editing and game preparation skills.
- Knowledge of scheduling, team organization, and working with student athletes.
- Ability to monitoring academic progress.
- Ordering equipment skills.
- Manager oversight skills.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must be able to show acceptable documentation establishing the right to accept employment in the United States of America without employer sponsorship.