Under supervision of the Head Softball Coach, provide assistance in the leadership of all coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for a highly competitive Division III softball program. Individual reports to the Head Softball Coach as well as to the Deputy AD (or designee) with a secondary duty to be assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, training, and competition;
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assist in directing all aspects of the team;
- Assist with the holistic development of softball student-athletes;
- Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
- Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the softball program – including but not limited too – field maintenance and set-up;
- Actively participate in department-wide fundraising initiatives;
- Assist in all duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletics;
- Secondary duty to be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with previous collegiate experience as a player or a coach; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Pitching background preferred, but all candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of softball and its playing rules; ability to foster a team environment; demonstrated coaching skills in sport of softball; knowledge of travel, lodging, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department.