The Assistant Women’s Softball Coach reports directly to the Head Women’s Softball Coach and is responsible for assisting the head coach with the organization and administration of the women’s softball program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University, Horizon League, and NCAA.
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University academic requirements.
- Monitor the academics of the women’s softball student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of in-season practices, including team and individual workouts.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of game plans for each game, including development of scouting reports of opponents.
- Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or requested by the Athletics Compliance Office.
- Assist in scheduling games as directed by Head Coach.
- Monitor budget to ensure the women’s softball program is fiscally responsible and expenditures are within the programs budget allocation as directed by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Outstanding verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Able to work effectively with student-athletes, coaches, administrators and staff.
- Intercollegiate competitive experience.