To provide a quality activity program for the co-curricular benefit of the students; To model skills, participation, and leadership for the students; To supervise a safe environment for the activity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knows the skills, techniques, and methods of the activity.
- Teaches with current methods for the skills of each activity.
- Prepares students for activities including considerations of fitness, health, equipment and training.
- Instructs and enforces activity rules and eligibility standards from appropriate governing agencies for student and team participation.
- Implements a fair, effective method of team selection.
- Teaches and models positive elements of sportsmanship.
- Assesses individual and team performance.
- Degree - Minimum of Bachelor's degree.
- Certificate - Valid Missouri teaching certificate.
Employment as a certificated staff member in the district; personal participation in activity area; training and experience in activity area.