This position is responsible for assisting the Head Softball Coach in directing and coaching the college’s softball program along with supporting the Head Coach’s coaching philosophy. Primary functions are to coach hitting and coordinate recruiting.
- Assist with planning and managing practices.
- On the field instruction and analysis.
- Coordinates the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assists in the recruitment of current East Georgia State College softball players to four year institutions.
- Discuss, implement, and teach a hitting philosophy.
- Critiques athlete’s performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
- Assist in maintaining a playing field suitable for a competitive college softball team.
- Schedules games.
- Manages games; schedules umpires; acquires game balls; directs the preparation of fields.
- Maintains softball fields.
- Supervises the conduct of players.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship, playing experience, or having had a similar position for two or more years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.